I Had a conversation with someone today in which we spoke about our goals and how to be successful..this person was adamant that hard work doesn’t ALWAYS pay off in the end. They told me that some people work themselves to the bone for years and it just never seems to pay off..
Its simple you guys, I responded by telling them that the reason it didn’t pay off was because they had no purpose, they continued to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results & they never saw success because they were comfortable consistently being average.
There are people in this world that work for years within a company but they never progress and they stay at the same level.. I genuinely cannot comprehend why anyone would want to settle and accept average. It’s so important to continue to grow in whatever field that you’re in and be the best at what you do! I understand not everyone has the same mentality as I do but why go through the motions and be like everyone else in this world?
Know WHY you do what you do & exactly what you want to achieve.. Don’t get stuck in the same routine leading to no where.
Today I am headed to finalize plans for something i’m honored and excited to be a part of, in which I will post further details closer to date.
I have been really focusing on which path I want to go down and what steps I need to take to ensure I reach my goals, I think its important to take steps forward in bettering yourself.. some of the things I like to do daily is reflect and keep my goals in check.
- Identify qualities you admire about yourself, self affirmation is key. Find qualities that you admire in others also and figure out what is is that you want to learn by making plans and doing what you need to do to learn and grow in that particular field.
- Decide what you want to change whether circumstantial or within yourself.
- Identify your flaws. Think about the things that you don’t like about yourself and do what you can daily to work on these things. Realize we all have flaws, and that’s OK, no person in this world is perfect but If its something that you can change take steps daily/weekly/monthly to grow and become your best possible self.
- Get input – Network, get tips and advice from friends, family and influential people that you look up too. Outside perspective is important, its good to get advice from others.
- Start small, work up – Baby steps, write down your goals and what steps you need to take to achieve them.
- Decide on a timeline – Set dates that you want to achieve your goals by so you can keep yourself motivated and focused to achieve them.
- Follow through- Finally, don’t be distracted by external sources.. its normal to get sidetracked but remember WHY its important for you to achieve your goals and re focus – Don’t let anyone or anything stand in your way of growing and being amazing! We are all meant to shine 🙂
If you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life.. this is so true. I currently work for House Of Fraser, in Manchester as a Brand Specialist for Biba.I’m so inspired by my brand every single day and it’s an absolute privilege to work with such a beautiful brand.
Stars such as The Beatles, David Bowie, Cher, Mick Jagger & Twiggy have all gotten behind Biba and the 60’s brand is BACK & better than ever.
The history alone is inspiring as Biba was the first department store to open in London post World War 2..
Finally, I’m humbled each day getting to work and be surrounded by like minded individuals and I find inspiration in each person I speak with.. we need to keep ourselves growing and learning to take our selves to our fullest potential and it’s important to keep your vision and focus strong, I’m so excited for this fashion journey ❤