Today I am headed to finalize plans for something i’m honored and excited to be a part of, in which I will post further details closer to date.
I have been really focusing on which path I want to go down and what steps I need to take to ensure I reach my goals, I think its important to take steps forward in bettering yourself.. some of the things I like to do daily is reflect and keep my goals in check.
- Identify qualities you admire about yourself, self affirmation is key. Find qualities that you admire in others also and figure out what is is that you want to learn by making plans and doing what you need to do to learn and grow in that particular field.
- Decide what you want to change whether circumstantial or within yourself.
- Identify your flaws. Think about the things that you don’t like about yourself and do what you can daily to work on these things. Realize we all have flaws, and that’s OK, no person in this world is perfect but If its something that you can change take steps daily/weekly/monthly to grow and become your best possible self.
- Get input – Network, get tips and advice from friends, family and influential people that you look up too. Outside perspective is important, its good to get advice from others.
- Start small, work up – Baby steps, write down your goals and what steps you need to take to achieve them.
- Decide on a timeline – Set dates that you want to achieve your goals by so you can keep yourself motivated and focused to achieve them.
- Follow through- Finally, don’t be distracted by external sources.. its normal to get sidetracked but remember WHY its important for you to achieve your goals and re focus – Don’t let anyone or anything stand in your way of growing and being amazing! We are all meant to shine 🙂
Some days will be easier than others, some days thoughts of our past arise & we need to accept, acknowledge and realise that it’s ok.
I think it’s important to let yourself feel not only the good emotions but the bad in order for us that heal, also.. Instead of pushing away the pain of the past or hiding away from the struggle, let yourself be upset, let yourself cry and get angry if you must HOWEVER do NOT unpack and live there.
If we are in a constant state of feeling sorry for ourselves all we are doing is distracting from our progress of our future goals & aspirations.
My final thought is this, it is imperative to acknowledge our emotions however make sure to control them. Keep your head held high my friend and remember how far you’ve come and have to go! You are a warrior and nothing can break you.
Accept what is, let go of what was & have faith in what will be.
The struggle that lit my fire.
We all experience our own battles in life & endure pain and struggle. In this post I want to share with you how I overcame my biggest setback in hopes that anyone reading this who may have experienced something similar or any trauma can regain their life.
A few years ago I fell victim to “sexual assault” Now, “sexual assault” is a politically correct term for “rape” I won’t go into the finer details of the actual incident with you however, I want to share with you the effects it had and the way I overcame this tough time.
When you endure a traumatic experience it consumes your thoughts, it sometimes takes over your will to go on and a lot of the time you lose sight of reality, you lose sight of your inner voice. When I was assaulted it flipped my world upside down. I lost touch with my closest friends, I pushed away my family and lost sight of who I really was. This was not their fault, this was me being angry at life for dealing me such cards. Whatever trauma you’ve experienced, a lot of the time it will leave you with some form of post traumatic stress or side effect. Most doctors will recommend medication to numb the pain and hope that you’ll find your way through counselling.
For me, it wasn’t that simple.. you see I tried every avenue to get myself back but nothing healed the pain. When you experience something painful the hardest thing to do is get through it. A massive thing that you need to understand is in order to move forward you must learn ACCEPTANCE. This was the most challenging thing for my mind to grasp however, something clicked inside of me one day which finally let me begin to heal.
Acceptance – As difficult as it may seem, you must accept that what has happened has happened. It’s easy to get angry with the world but you need to accept that you cannot change the past. You don’t have to agree with what happened to you but once you have found acceptance you can being the healing process.
Secondly, you must focus your energy into loving YOURSELF. Understand that whatever it was that happened was not your fault & it is okay to be upset as being upset is a part of the healing process. Let it out, whether you release it by screaming into a pillow or going to the gym, spend time on yourself. Do things that make you feel GOOD. Feel good endorphins will pick you back up when you are feeling low. These can be things such as spending time with loved ones, reading your favourite book or watching your favourite movie. Whatever it is, ensure it makes you feel good.
Finally, refocus on your future & set some GOALS. Nothing feels better than achieving something you’ve set your mind on. Use the struggle to inspire you to chase your dreams. Who says you can’t be the next Michael Jordan? Who says you can’t be the best version of yourself? If you remember to accept the past, and focus on creating a beautiful future I promise you that each day it will get better. Keep striving for greatness, we weren’t put on this planet just to simply “exist”.